Professional pixel-mover for 6+ years. And also do backend now.
Interested in growing in backend development, especially low level stuff. Learning Kotlin and C. Interested in C, C++, Rust, Zig.
Achievements and experience:
- After 8 months of practicing in backend performed huge (~10k lines) refactoring of our codebase, which improved code quality and separated responsibilities. Other NodeJS project handled 1k rps at its peak
- led a team of 3 developers, launched new project in 1.5 months (2x times faster of estimates). Now it grows exponentially
- mentored and helped engineers to grow from junior to middle and from middle to senior
- able to design any project or feature with estimates. The result is RFC document and tasks in your favourite tracker
- contributed >5000 lines to nanoutils
- interviewer: technicals and finals
- Flexing with Vim
Became a fullstack developer on Kotlin/Java/DynamoDB stack.
- Maintaining high frontend expertise in our team/department (I hope)
- Performed huge refactoring (~10k lines) of our project to split code in to different modules and layers. Made code modules less coupled and restricted its responsibilities
- Contributing to internal UI library
- Collaborating with other teams on creating and integrating modern tools in our day-to-day workflow
- Mentoring and helping other team members with backend background to get familiar with frontend development
React / Typescript / Apollo / Tailwind / Kotlin
Leading the team of 2 people (I’m the 3rd).
Made a product from scratch based on two independent systems. Our work was to unite them (React/Redux/Node.js and Angular/PHP). MVP was released in 1.5 months (2x times faster than expected), we used telegram-bot for it.
The second round of development was about 2.5 months (as was estimated). After production release of our live-dashboard, the amount of deals has exponential growth (from dozens to hundreds in a month)!
Decomposing huge tasks after designing it, write code, review code, trying to help my team to grow their skills though interesting and complicated tasks.
BFF — Node.js
Was leading a team of 3 people (I was 4th). Working on all user scenarios of Yandex.Classifieds project
- developed router on node.js. It was handling about 1k rps (not very much, but not low) and without memory leaks
- implemented framework for e2e tests, wrote some tests on critical functionality. It improved testing and deploying process
- made devtools for our project: traces, bug-report, A/B tests management. It decreased MANY times process of testing new fatures by managers
- wrote cool virtual-scroller amonth other. It was 2x times lighter that previous one, and also SSR time was decreased by 25%
- introduced decomposition and design-review as instruments for developing huge features. It allowed us to manage development of huge features more precisely, make it in parallel way
- took a part in production release of our project
- helped junior guys grow to middle level
Was developing large project of web-bank by myself. Cool stuff:
- made whole web-bank app to be Accessible for disabled people. There were cool keyboard and voiceover navigation (it was cool because of tree-like structure, not plain)
- made `SRP`-system for our bank (SRP: system of rapid payments). Our bank was one of the first who did it. It was attractive for new customers
- made sub-app for maintain Self employment customers. It was a time when they begun to appear, because of new legislation. It was good impact for attracting new customers. We served about 5.000 of them
- made feature for closing all bank products (we were closing at that time). It was complex step-by-step form (accounts, cards, deposits, overdrafts, bonuses and etc.)
Had developed and maintained projects from scratch as frontender and fullstack developer (nodejs)
Also was working on marketing projects. Couple of them:
- pixel game on canvas
- complex landings about new products (new mobile app and web-bank) (will show it soon)
Made e-shop https://empty.moscow/en
Next.js / Storeon / Astroturf
Working on Jaguar-Landrover admin panel.
Full layout developing for Disney Russia intranet.
Frontend developing the Renault Russia online appointment system for vehicle maintenance.